As for the low-down on this cycle, I'm in the middle of my third round of Clomid, and I'll probably have an IUI sometime early next week. I have been consistently ovulating on day 16 on this stuff, which is amazing to me since I'm usually a 35-day cycler. I'm also doing acupuncture once a week. If this cycle doesn't pan out, my RE wants me to move on to injectibles. Sigh.
I'm usually a pretty chatty person, but I've been a little challenged in the energy and creativity arenas lately. I am totally blown away by my fellow bloggers' ability to churn out post-after-post of interesting content for months at a time. Anyway, due to said lack of creativity, I will lean on the tried-and-true crutch of:
The ABCs of Me
- Age: 33. Except for the IF thing, in which age is my enemy, I actually like being in my 30's. I am ever so much more together now than in my 20's.
- Bed: King size, and it's still too small. You'd think that a Yorkshire terrier, a tiny asian chick, and an average guy would easily have room to spare, but we're all space hogs.
- Chore you hate: Washing the dishes, especially since we don't have a dishwasher (long story) in the house.
- Dog: Fetch (not his real name, but it's pretty darn close actually). 10-lb yorkie with a 200-lb attitude (see "Bed" above). He was a rescue dog and is probably one of the best things to ever happen to us.
- Essential start your day item: Tea. Green is my favorite, though I usually go herbal during the 2ww.
- Favorite color: Depends on my mood. Wine red today.
- Gold or silver: As an investment, gold. (The strike price on gold is just whoa.) For jewelry, silver.
- Height: 5' 1" - on a good day
- Instrument you play: Took piano lessons until college - can barely play scales anymore. I was blessed with a great set of pipes though and can sing pretty well.
- Job title: Web marketer. Wish it were "Mom."
- Kids: Sigh. See "Job Title" above.
- Living arrangements: A cabin-like house in the rural part of Austin, Texas. Badly needs a new kitchen (see "Chore you hate" above) and a new floor in the master bath, but I love it.
- Mom: I hit the lottery with her. I don't think I will ever live up to the amazing example this woman set for me, but that's not gonna stop me from trying...if I get lucky.
- Nicknames: Teeny, Princess (in a sweet tone of voice if it's my husband; in a sarcastic voice if it's my sister)
- Overnight hospital stay other than birth: None!
- Pet Peeves: Stupid people. Sad, but true. I have no patience for stupidity or cluelessness whatsoever - I'm such an elitist liberal in that way.
- Quote from a movie: "I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!" from The Princess Bride.
- Right or left-handed: Right, though I'm strangely left-dominant in sports.
- Siblings: One younger sister and one older sister-in-law. Hit the lottery with those two as well, as we all truly love and support each other.
- Time you wake up: I wish I could say 7am, but no...9am...on a good day. I work from home and set my own hours.
- Underwear: No-nonsense cotton bikinis, unless I'm well...you know. I do not get thongs.
- Vegetable you dislike: Eggplant and okra. Okra is ewwww.
- Ways you run late: Husband. I used to be 5-10 minutes early for everything. If husband is in tow, I'm lucky to be 5-10 minutes late.
- X-rays you've had: Besides dental, my first major x-ray was the lovely HSG for diagnosing my infertility. It came out all clear, which I know is good but gave me no answers whatsoever.
- Yummy food you make: Freshly baked bread. I'm so proud of myself for this one.
- Zoo favorite: The big cats. I don't believe in zoos in general, but the Austin Zoo is different because they take in rejects from circuses and other zoos, as well as "confiscated" exotics.