Monday, June 28, 2010

California Dreamin'

OMG, I really have been MIA, haven't I?

Anyway, sorry for holding you all up in suspense, and even worse - not keeping up with and commenting on your amazing lives. I thought that by not having my regular client workload, I'd have a lot more free time here, but it seems to be the opposite. (I even planned on trying for Iron Commenter for the June ICLW - but I didn't even manage to make my regular appearance - ha!)

The short explanation is that San Francisco and I are having this mad love affair right now, and while I know I will of course go back to my ever-loving and faithful Austin, that knowledge is urging me to wring every moment of joy out of this summer with my new paramour. :)

Some highlights of the past two weeks:

* My sister came to town for a week during which we ate at as many little bakeries and local eateries as our stomachs could manage. She declared that we had only a limited number of meals together, so each one had to count! In between meals, we managed to find a really great dress for me to wear to her upcoming wedding this fall. And then her friends and I threw a bachelorette day for her (complete with tickets to "Wicked") and held a lovely bridal shower at our childhood home, so that week flew by like gangbusters.

* No sooner had sis left town then my really good friend from Austin, N., flew in with her college best friend for a long birthday weekend. We pretty much went all over the city - Fisherman's Wharf, the Marina, Chinatown, North Beach and Union Square. We had afternoon tea at the Crown and Crumpet, drank lots of wine in their hotel room, and did some credit card damage at all the shops in Union Square.

* Then there was Pride just this past weekend, and our neighborhood was inundated with parties. Mr. Stick and I made it out to watch the big parade yesterday morning, which was one of the most colorful and joyful celebrations I've ever seen. And while you can't have a parade without spectators, I hope one day I get to march in it because everyone in the parade looked like they were having so much fun.

* On the TTC front, CD1 came and went, and I was so busy I barely noticed. I've been going to yoga regularly, and I started acupuncture again last week, though that's mostly been for allergies. (The fact that I managed to avoid allergies this season in Austin means nothing to SF, apparently.) I think I'm settled in enough now to call up Pacific Fertility Center for a consultation this week or next, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe they'll be able to explain the "unexplained." Also, my affair with the city (not to mention the semi-annual sale at the ginormous Victoria's Secret in Union Square) seems to be giving our love life a fun little boost.  

So that's pretty much it! Thanks to my hardpartying ways, I have a boatload of work to catch up on, so it'll be another day or two before I get around to sprinkling comments and love. But I knew that if I didn't blog right now, I'd never get around to it, so hopefully this will keep you all going until I come up for air again.

11 comments:

  1. Hi again. It sounds like you are having so much fun. I am glad you and your city are a match. I can't wait to get over there one of these years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound INCREDIBLE, wonderful, happy and I'm sooo glad. Enjoy your love affair, if it makes you smile, it makes me happy for you.

    Those pictures are glorious, I can only imagine how much fun and deliciousness they offered in real life.

    (and wasn't WICKED soooo good...one of my favorite shows of all time...)

    see you when you're done Snogging your new city LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are having a fabulous time and your post made me absolute pine for the wonders of SF. I'm glad that it has been going so well and that you have been able to savor it all. That's the perfect, solid foundation for thinking about next steps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?! I've been worried sick about you, young lady! *shakes finger at you*

    Glad to hear you're having fun. Visit Japantown for me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow sounds like you had lots of fun. I would love to do credit card damage at a Victoria's Secret.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always wanted to visit SF - now I am dying to visit SF! You sound great, am so glad you have found a fabulous new love!!! :) Not focusing on the ttc for a while has to be good. But I do hope the "unexplained" does turn out to be explainable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO JEALOUS that you got to go to Pride in SF!!!!! We have Pride events all over the country (I'm on our local board) but the one in SF is the original, and this is its 40-year anniversary. What an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to go to San Francisco! I flew over it once but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sound so happy :-) and I am jealous of Pride in San Fran. It's been years since I have attended or marched. It really is quite joyful. Enjoy it there...it is an amazing city and it really does become a love affair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds great. And everyone says forgetting about TTC is the way forward, so nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds wonderful!!! I'm glad you're having such a good time. And I too have high hopes for the fertility center...

    ReplyDelete