Friday, March 26, 2010

CD 12 Update

Had my CD 12 ultrasound, and I guess it could've been worse. I got to be a human guinea pig for a 2nd-year resident who seriously needs to work on her wanding skills (hello retroflexed uterus!), but Dr. G. kept it from getting too out of hand. (What a weird little pun I just made there...)

So, I have a 17mm follie on my right ovary (which surprised me, because I've been feeling all the action on my left side), and my lining is at 6.8mm. It's an improvement from last cycle when it was 6.4mm, but not that much. You'd think it'd be better considering all the red raspberry leaf tea and pomegranate juice I've been consuming. Sigh.

Dr. G. made a comment about my body producing less estrogen for my uterine lining because I'm thin, but jeepers I'm not that thin! Maybe I'll take this as permission to go to a couple more chocolate parties and add real bacon to my diet. :) And he's reluctant to switch me to Femara because of a study in Canada showing potential cardiac/respiratory issues in babies conceived with it.

On the plus side, he's willing to give me another chance or two on Clomid before "graduating" on to injectibles. He seemed pretty sure that the Clomid would work.

I have to take a moment here and talk about how much I adore Dr. G. I find it really strange because the man is so confident he's practically cocky, and his bedside manner isn't at all warm and fuzzy. But I think that's just what I need - his confidences manages to steamroller a lot of my insecurities and "what-ifs," I like that there's no wishy-washy at all with him, and he's really direct and good about answering questions.  I get the impression that he finds a lot of my IF-angst to be a little humorous, which makes me feel like it might not be as serious as I dread it to be. Here's hoping!

Anyway, now comes the wait as I pull out the OPK's and watch for the surge...

7 comments:

  1. Love those residents! My RE is similar in that, although he sorta fakes a warm demeanor, really he's all about the LET'S NOT WASTE TIME HERE. It is comforting, in a strange way! I hope that surge comes sooner than usual this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you like your doctor! It's nice when we "click" with our medical team. I hope everything goes well with this cycle!!!

    Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great that you like your RE.

    One time when my regular RE (Dr Sarcastic, but in a good way) was out I had to see another one. She got dubbed Dr Ouch. I only had to see her once, but that one time too many. She stuck that wand so far in, I swear I could feel it in my chest!

    I hope your cycle goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, bacon! IF is actually a GOOD reason to gain a little weight. My dr. is always confident for me too and it's good that he is for me when I can't be for myself. I sometimes wish I could visit more often just for the pep talks. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I like my RE as much as you like yours.

    Eat some bacon! It tastes yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for good drs! (And bacon and chocolate!) I'm glad you posted your numbers- I should have mine up here Monday night and you have to tell me what they mean!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you are happy with the RE. It's very important to have a confident doctor, somebody who can trust and rely on during this process.
    Clomid can be sucky on the lining, but it seems you have a little bit to go and your growing follie can thicken it until O. Yay! for starting the OPK's. Best luck with your cycle!!!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete